External Building Scan
When was the last time you had a check-up or physical at your Doctor’s office? Most likely within the last 2 years. Maybe 3?
When was the last time you gave the exterior of your building a check-up? Most likely, never. Maybe, for more progressive entities, 4-5 years. Facilities need these check-ups or physicals just like we do! Unlike the Doctor, we don’t charge you if you don’t like the service.
Weather, wear and tear, tenant finishes and sustained mechanical operations apply constant pressure to your investments. Identifying and rectifying those issues that may harm your investment seems like a common-sense activity for all building owners, managers preventative maintenance companies. Halkin’s External Building Scan (EBS) provides that very function to enhance your operations and asset management practices. We identify physical, electrical and mechanical anomalies through state-of-the-art unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), Infrared (IR), and Imaging technologies. The EBS Report includes the following analysis and information for Halkin Customers.
- 3-Dimensional, Ortho Mosaic Imagery for electronic manipulation by the client.
- Dimensional Layout of facility (including roof top equipment) at 99.6% accuracy (line diagram and overlaid line diagram on high resolution, aerial images).
- Aerial-Based Infrared Scan and Analysis of roof-top, building envelope, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Complete Inventory of all Rooftop and Exterior Equipment. This includes identification of each piece of equipment on a diagram of the facility and high-resolution photos of each piece of corresponding equipment.
- Graphical Summary of Facility Anomalies and findings.
- Maintenance Recommendations for facility anomalies.
- Hard copy and Electronic Reports delivered to customer.
- All Raw Data and images provided via private cloud-based folder.
Below are some of the Benefits Halkin’s External Building Scan (EBS) can provide to your asset management profile.
- Facility Dimensions provide critical measurements for facility upgrades and maintenance, new tenant finish modifications, and new equipment placement / modification.
- 3D Imagery as a planning tool for exterior / landscaping modifications.
- 3D and high resolution aerial imagery for reproduction and display / promotion.
- Commissioning tool once building modification or new construction project is complete.
- Lack of or damaged insulation.
- Reporting tool for asset stakeholders.
- Streamlined and enhanced preventative maintenance programs / reporting.
- Tactically identify areas of disrepair on roof top and envelope to tailor repair projects only to the affected areas.
- Due diligence tool for entities purchasing or selling buildings.
- Provide prospective tenants with up to date dimensional, envelope, and exterior equipment analysis.
- Identify Roof Top equipment over working. This can be due to faulty equipment within the zone served by respective HVAC equipment (inefficient zone due to thermostats, interior mechanical equipment, poor insulation, poor building seal).
- Capital and Operational budget forecasting for maintenance /replacement and upgrade projects.
EBS analysis and reporting procedures are conducted by Halkin’s certified FAA 107 pilots, Thermographers (IR), and Corrosion specialists. Please contact us to learn how Halkin can help your facility provide you with enhanced operational efficiency, marketability, and peace of mind. If you are not satisfied with the product, you will not be charged!